Greg sits down with Meagan Kendrick of PoolPro Magazine to talk about this year’s 30 Under 40, whose annual selection of winners are featured in the magazine’s November/December issue.
The 30 Under 40 is one of the magazine’s most exclusive features, highlighting young industry up-and-comers from a variety of fields, from manufacturing to retail to plaster. Not to mention, it’s a great promotional tool for business owners as well as those looking to reach the next level in their career!
Nominations open on May 1 and close at the end of June. Selections are made across the next few months before finally being announced in November. Anyone in the industry can be nominated—you can even nominate yourself.
Once you receive the detailed form, Meagan encourages nominees to “let your personality shine. We want to get a taste for you and your passion for the industry!”
- [03:08] About PoolPro Magazine’s 30 Under 40
- [04:33] Highlighting up-and-comers in the industry
- [06:14] How to nominate a pool professional
- [12:54] How to increase your chances of getting picked
- [15:09] Photo requirements
- [19:10] Where the 30 Under 40 winners will be featured
connect with pool pro magazine
key quotes by megan kendrick
- We are trying to highlight up-and-comers in the pool industry. We are looking for people across the industry: If you work for a manufacturer or a distributor, if you’re in service or building or retail—everybody is welcome in this contest. We try to highlight the breadth and depth of the industry and the talent within it.
- The contest is a level playing field where it’s not about what others think of you, but what you think of yourself and what you’re passionate about.