ABOUT THIS EPISODE
- The chlorine shortage was a huge topic in our industry. I wanted to dive into the supply chain showing how chlorine gets to swimming pools to help explain why what happened, happened. Having an understanding of the bigger picture of something so integral to our industry is really interesting.
- When you sit down with a company of huge size and scale with operational issues most service companies don’t, their solutions can show you how to run any company.
- The more I can learn about the industry, the better I can do my job.
Greg sits down with Megan Kendrick to talk about the March/April 2023 issue of PoolPro Magazine!
Megan looks back at the recently concluded 2023 Pool and Spa Show in Atlantic City and talks about the cold tubs featured for the first time at the event.
Megan then explains why she decided to shake things up in the March/April issue of PoolPro magazine with a feature on the economics of the chlorine shortage of the past couple of years.
The latest issue also includes a big article on the ins-and-outs of PoolPro as an organization. It offers valuable lessons to companies of any size about how to run a successful pool business.
- [00:56] Megan’s takeaways from the 2023 Pool and Spa Show in Atlantic City
- [04:11] Cold tubs at the Pool and Spa Show
- [08:22] Why Megan is nervous about the release of the March/April issue
- [09:37] How this issue breaks down the chlorine shortage
- [13:12] Inside NPP
- [15:39] What Megan wants readers to get out of PoolPro Magazine
- [19:50] What the chlorine article will teach pool professionals